5144: Pattern synonyms -- help needed to sort out exports

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Thu Aug 8 19:28:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

Last week, I started implementing
http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5144 "Pattern synonyms". I'm using
http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/PatternSynonyms for the details, and
so far I have "pattern-only synonyms" working, with most of the
infrastructure also laid down for the "simple pattern synonyms". My work
is avalable at https://github.com/gergoerdi/ghc.git in the
pattern-synonyms branch. My plan is to get the simple pattern synonyms
stuff working as well, and then submit it as a first cut.

Before I formally submit my patches for review to this mailing list,
though, there is one thing that's got me stumped: allowing pattern
synonyms to be exported. I thought it would just work if I make sure the
pattern synonym names (which are Conids) end up in the tcg_exports field
of the TcGblEnv. However, this is not the case. Could someone point me in
the right direction please on how to make these new declarations
exportable?

Thanks,
 	Gergo

--