Changes to primops break libraries (was Re: 7.8 Feature window)

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Mon Aug 26 11:38:28 CEST 2013

> So since we have to break the API anyway, why not break it in the way
> that we want?
Oh, but the thing is we don't! We have a plan to rename GHC.Prim to GHC.Prim.BuiltIn, rename
GHC.PrimWrappers (in ghc-prim) to GHC.Prim and make it re-export GHC.Prim.BuiltIn [1]. This way
change will be completely backwards compatible. I was working on that on Friday. Patches are
essentially finished, but I still have to solve haddock panic that I somehow introduced [2].

[1] - http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-August/002072.html
[2] - http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-August/002124.html