RC timeline for 7.8 REDUX

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 18:33:58 UTC 2013

Hey Everyone,
what is the set of tasks left before we can do a 7.8 RC? Is it there are
some serious bugs that have been left unaddressed? Is there anything
preventing us from doing an RC sometime in the next two weeks?

 I understand certain type system related problems have been getting a bit
of polish over the past month or so, but if thats the blocker I'd like to
know so that when people ask I can point to a concrete reason.

I can only speak for myself, but theres been a pretty painful communication
gap about whats left before we hit RC, and whenever someone asks me "when
is 7.8 coming out, and how can i help make it happen on time?", I can only
reply with "no one knows" and "do stuff".

that said, happy holidays and preemptive happy new years to everyone!
-Carter