LLVM failures

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:51:22 CET 2013

On 14/01/13 17:56, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> I’m getting testsuite failures like this on Windows
>
> <no location info>:
>
>      Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
>
>               Make sure you have installed LLVM
>
> Fair enough, but shouldn’t ‘configure’ find out if I have LLVM.  And if
> I don’t, shouldn’t the tests be disabled?

The 'llvm' way is supposed to be disabled in the testsuite if LLVM is
not found.  Here is the code from testsuite/mk/test.mk:

ifneq "$(shell $(SHELL) -c 'llc --version | grep version' 2> /dev/null)" ""
RUNTEST_OPTS += -e ghc_with_llvm=1
else
RUNTEST_OPTS += -e ghc_with_llvm=0
endif

Maybe this isn't working?  Or maybe you have llc on your path, but
there's something wrong with it? Which test is failing specifically?

Cheers,
	Simon