Intel Functional Language compiler (Was: PSA: GHC can now be built with Clang)

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 20:48:08 CEST 2013

This came up randomly because of a typo, but rather than respond for them
I've changed the thread name to something descriptive and copies the
authors of the paper.

The small bit that I know:

   - It is a new backend that takes Core from GHC and does the rest itself
   (including having a non-GHC runtime).
   - There are some patches to GHC (somewhere?) to support a new kind of
   initialization-only vector.
   - The IFLC backend uses a strict intermediate representation and
   performs auto-vectorization on loops.  In particular, the paper evaluates
   the technique on loops from (slightly modified) REPA and vector library
   code.
   - It handles a pretty sizable subset of the language, but is missing
   some things (e.g. asynchronous exceptions).
   - It is not released yet

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com