Proposal: provide cas and barriers symbols even without -threaded

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 08:28:05 CEST 2013

Hi Simon,

That sounds like a good solution and I'll attempt a patch.  I think the fix
is only three lines.  That is, replace these three lines with EXTERN_INLINE
C functions:

#define write_barrier()      /* nothing */
#define store_load_barrier() /* nothing */
#define load_load_barrier()  /* nothing */

That would fix the -threaded/unthreaded disparity.  But I still don't see
how to access this stuff properly from foreign-primops in a library such
that GHCI doesn't barf when trying to load the library....

  -Ryan