Repo permissions broken

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:50:27 CEST 2013

On 23/07/13 00:04, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 03:51:49PM -0700, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
>>
>> changing the default umask on the entire server is not necessary to fix
>> this problem.  Git already has support for exactly this use case
>
> Well, I don't mind if someone wants to do the git thing too, but I think
> we want a umask of 002 regardless.

I tried my push again, and although it seems to have gone through, I got
a ton of spewage:

$ git push
Counting objects: 12, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 698 bytes, done.
Total 7 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: To git at github.com:ghc/testsuite.git
remote:    a68ec88..ee47e6e  master -> master
remote: chmod: changing permissions of `/home/darcs/testsuite.git':
Operation not permitted
remote: chmod: changing permissions of
`/home/darcs/testsuite.git/packed-refs': Operation not permitted
remote: chmod: changing permissions of
`/home/darcs/testsuite.git/hooks': Operation not permitted
remote: chmod: changing permissions of
`/home/darcs/testsuite.git/hooks/applypatch-msg': Operation not permitted

Iavor's fix sounds right to me.  Maybe we should make a ticket?

Cheers,
	Simon