status of template haskell + cross compiling plans for 7.8?

Luite Stegeman stegeman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:08:03 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Carter Schonwald <
carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome! Please let us know how we can help get those into good shape for
> being merged in!
>
> That leaves the other question: how could we support the "Fat Binary"
> builds for IOS devices?

It seems that that's more or less the same problem as TH, a full solution
needs a multitarget compiler. It needs to be solved at an earlier stage
than LLVM if we want to be able to optimize for one of the architectures
(for example using new instructions) in the implementation of primops (even
more so if future iOS devices might require x86 or 64 bit code)

luite