Windows failures

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Wed Jun 19 00:06:09 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 08:48:15PM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> This is 'sh validate" on 64bit Windows.  Rather a lot of failures.  Might you look?

Sure.

> The perf tests seem to fail because it's comparing with the *32* bit numbers, even though this is definitely a *64* bit laptop.   Whether the entire build system thinks it's a 32 bit machine, or just the testsuite, I can't tell.

If you have a 64bit Windows machine, then you'll be able to run both the
32bit and 64bit GHC builds. If you run "ghc --info | grep Target" then
you'll see which is being used - it'll say x86_64-unknown-mingw32 if
it's 64bit, and i386-unknown-mingw32 if it's 32bit. I suspect that you
have a 32bit GHC, so comparing with the 32bit numbers is right. They
probably just need updating for recent wobbles.

Thanks
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant