Fixing "breaking packages"

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Fri Mar 1 15:15:27 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 03:02:41PM +0100, Jan Stolarek wrote:

> fixing things. I would like cabal to prevent such things from
> ever happening, the same way that
> Linux rpm/deb managers keep packages on the system in a consistent state.

There's one big difference here: rpm/dpkg are only used to install
things by the system administrator. But in the case of Cabal, a user
could install 'mypackage' (in their user package database) and the next
day the sysadmin could install a different instance of 'mypackage' in
the global database.

Thanks
Ian