Advance notice that I'd like to make Cabal depend on parsec

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Fri Mar 15 13:57:02 CET 2013

On 14 Mar 2013, at 14:53, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> Why did I choose parsec? Practicality dictates that I can only use
> things in the core libraries, and the nearest thing we have to that is
> the parser lib that is in the HP.

I fully agree that a real parser is needed for Cabal files.  I implemented one myself, many years ago, using the polyparse library, and using a hand-written lexer.  Feel free to reuse it (attached, together with a sample program) if you like, although I expect it has bit-rotted a little over time.

Regards,
    Malcolm