build failure on FreeBSD 9.1

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Mon Mar 25 03:42:30 CET 2013

> What is the version of your devel/libffi port?

3.0.9.

> Could not adding
> --with-system-libffi and related flags to the configuration phase fix
> the problem?

Yes. When I added --with-system-libffi
--with-ffi-includes=/usr/local/include
--with-ffi-libraries=/usr/local/lib, this problem does not happen.

installing GHC head fails both on FreeBSD and Mac. This is probably
because no installed scripts define (DY)LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If --with-system-libffi and etc are specified, both building and
installation succeeds on FreeBSD. "validate" with these options still
freezes:

Note that I set "sudo -w vfs.timestamp_precision=1" on FreeBSD
according to:

--Kazu