Per-generation lists of weak pointers

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Sun May 5 21:32:51 CEST 2013

Akio, I looked at your first patch, which mostly seems good.  The
sequence at the beginning of deRefWeak certainly looks strange - I think
it's ok, but it needs a comment.

One thing I'm confused about is the handling of DEAD_WEAK pointers.  You
removed the StgDeadWeak struct - how is that possible?  I don't
understand why DEAD_WEAK has 4 payload words, but StgDeadWeak has only
one, and furthermore a DEAD_WEAK appears to have the link field in a
different place from the WEAK closure.  Something is suspicious here.

Cheers,
	Simon