fixing up links to commits and ghc source on trac wiki/trackers

Austin Seipp aseipp at pobox.com
Fri May 24 23:52:47 CEST 2013

The catch is that we don't want to move off of what it's in Debian,
from what I remember. These are obviously slightly dated versions of
Trac. Of course that's a ridiculous understatement because the *real*
problem IMO is that haskell.org is still running Debian 5 (Lenny.)
We're beyond obsolete.

I brought this up to Ian on IRC a week or two ago, and he informed me
that there are some planned infrastructure upgrades for some of the
haskell.org infrastructure. I am not aware of who is in charge here.

Personally, I'd like to see this happen sooner and not later now that
Wheezey is released. A more concerning aspect of this is that we don't
see security updates anymore. An nmap scan (confirming Debian 5 on
lambda.haskell.org) reveals a few services which are quite out of
date; with handfuls of CVEs against all of them at the least (mostly
low priority, but there are several slightly-worrying ones.)

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, and how would that be done?
>

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Edward Z. Yang <ezyang at mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Carter,
>>
>> The reason the links are broken is because the Git Trac plugin is
>> currently
>> disabled for performance reasons.  The easiest thing to do is to get the
>> plugin updated and re-enable it.
>>
>> Edward
>>
>> Excerpts from Carter Schonwald's message of Fri May 24 10:52:44 -0700
>> 2013:
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > Currently the commit/ source file links on trac wiki and tickets are all
>> > dead, and while thats not a problem for active ghc devs and such, it
>> > does
>> > create more friction for new users.
>> >
>> > My understanding is the previously the file and commit references would
>> > point at a haskell.org repository, would it be worth having them point
>> > at
>> > the github analogues thereof? (and for that matter would that be easy to
>> > do, or take up more of the finite ghc dev time?)
>> >
>> > (in my tickets or the like, i'm by hand doing ghc file / commit links to
>> > github to make it easier for myself and others to look up the relevant
>> > info.)

Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671