Validate fails: Var/Type length mismatch: [] [s{tv a15I} [tv]]

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Fri May 31 19:53:06 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:14:23AM -0700, Iavor Diatchki wrote:

> So it seems that there is something that keeps changing... I wonder if it
> might be some missing dependency, so when you run things in parallel
> sometimes they fail?

There are no dependencies in the testsuite. You're either seeing:
* a bug in a test, which means it is affecting something outside of the test
* a bug in a test, which causes it to inconsistently fail
* some problem with your machine, e.g. dodgy RAM
(from most to least likely).

Note that in the first case it is not necessarily the failing test that
is broken.

The testlog may give more clues as to what is going wrong.

Thanks
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant