Validate failures

Austin Seipp austin
Wed Oct 2 06:05:41 UTC 2013

Today, validate has been failing with:

$ cat testsuite_summary.txt

Unexpected results from:
TEST="T7873 haddock.compiler haddock.base Roles1 T2247 T3064 TH_Roles2
T7230 T7967 T7786"

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Tue Oct  1 23:46:30 2013 CDT
 0:09:17 spent to go through
    3809 total tests, which gave rise to
   15066 test cases, of which
   11598 were skipped

      28 had missing libraries
    3373 expected passes
      57 expected failures

       0 caused framework failures
       0 unexpected passes
      10 unexpected failures

Unexpected failures:
   ghci/scripts               T7873 [bad stdout] (ghci)
   indexed-types/should_fail  T7786 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
   indexed-types/should_fail  T7967 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
   perf/compiler              T3064 [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/haddock               haddock.base [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/haddock               haddock.compiler [stat not good enough] (normal)
   polykinds                  T7230 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
   roles/should_compile       Roles1 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
   th                         TH_Roles2 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
   typecheck/should_fail      T2247 [stderr mismatch] (normal)

A lot of these seem to be changes in pretty printing, and other error
message wibbles. I double-checked this on a clean tree before I pushed
my latest round of patches.

Simon, I believe you pushed changes relating to this?

(I'm also looking into the performance failures, but finding out which
commit is a bit difficult.)

--
Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant