small improvement to roles mechanism

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald
Sat Oct 12 02:47:23 UTC 2013

Mark, quite the opposite (sorry for any ambiguity)

7.6.3 is HOSED (BROKEN) / won't work correctly with OS X 10.9 and/or xcode
5 out of the box.  Theres many many work arounds, but nothing we can bake
in robustly (i think... i could be wrong on that)

Darin Morrison is working on some patches and testing them on both 7.6 and
HEAD, but its a PATCHED 7.6.3 (ie and unofficial 7.6.4), not standard 7.6.

so the choice for Haskell platform on that mac would be a patched
"7.6.3+newpatches" or 7.8.
  7.6.3 won't work (unless some special script like  a variant of
https://github.com/ghc-ios/ghc-ios-scripts/blob/master/clang-xcode5-wrapper.hsis
used to wrap calls to gcc/clang)