Unexpected failures on Travis

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Oct 18 18:29:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

my inofficial travis build of GHC produced reliably these test suite
failures. These do not occur when I use my regular GHC development tree,
but they do occur with the settins of travis.

The settings include
        echo 'GhcLibWays = v'          >> mk/build.mk
so I’m inclined to put
        unless(have_dynamic(),skip)
to all these tests, but maybe someone with better understanding of
theses issues could comment on them first?

The failures I am talking about are

        Unexpected failures:
           ghc-api/T7478   T7478 [bad exit code] (normal)
           plugins         plugins06 [exit code non-0] (normal)
           quasiquotation  T7918 [bad exit code] (normal)
           th              TH_Roles3 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
           th              TH_Roles4 [stderr mismatch] (normal)

and the error messages in detail can be found on
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/12722962/log.txt

To reproduce this, simply run
        git https://github.com/nomeata/ghc-complete.git
        cd ghc-complete