7.8 Release Update

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Fri Sep 13 16:10:21 UTC 2013

I'd like to bring up one thing related to upcomming release. So far we've been releasing GHC compiled against libgmp.3.0. This was a major pain if the distro did not provide that library. I suspect that we will be building against newer version of libgmp, but the problem still remains. Would it be possible to ship libgmp with binary distribution of GHC so that users don't have to rely on their distro providing a precise version of that library?

Janek