Testsuite with profiling

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Sep 19 09:30:53 UTC 2013

I need to run testsuite with profiling turned on. When I run

  make WAY=normal EXTRA_HC_OPTS="-prof -fprof-auto -rtsopts"

lots of tests are failing with:

      Dynamic linking required, but this is a non-standard build (eg. prof).
      You need to build the program twice: once the dynamic way, and then
      in the desired way using -osuf to set the object file suffix.

I only added "GhcLibWays     += p" to "quick" section of my build.mk. I guess this error message has something to do with DYNAMIC_BY_DEFAULT - I could probably get this right with a trial and error approach, but I'd rather know what I'm doing. Can anyone tell me what is going on and what do I need to do to make this work?

Janek