I've moved the primitive package to github

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Wed Sep 25 06:51:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-25 at 02:40:51 +0200, Geoffrey Mainland wrote:

[...]

>> However, I've tried integrating the new vector/primitive versions
>> released into the GHC build (after patching up the DPH libs), but I get
>> Core lint errors:
>>
>>   http://lpaste.net/93354
>>
>> any idea what's going on here?

> Hm, #8138? Richard marked that as closed, though.
>
> You didn't try to update the version of vector in the GHC build, did you?

Well, of course I did :-)

but afaics the error occurs already when trying to compile the new
'primitive' by itself...

But you can easily reproduce w/o replacing the 'primitive' used for
building GHC HEAD, but simply by trying to build the relased
primitive-0.5.1.0 package with GHC HEAD via cabal:

  cabal update
  cabal install --ghc-option=-dcore-lint primitive-0.5.1.0