Interface Files _ HOWTO?

Michael Weber michael.weber@post.rwth-aachen.de
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:45:27 +0200

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 18:09:04 +0200, Ingo Sander wrote:
> So, how do I compile this in GHC? I hoped, that it would be enough to
> compile all files with the -c option (generating .hi and .o files) and
> then compiling Main.hs to get an executable program. Howeve, I get the
> following:
>
>> ghc Main.hs
[...]
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

try

	$ ghc -c Main.hs
	$ ghc -o ThisIsMyExecutable *.o

That is, compile Main.hs also into an .o file, /then/ link the whole
thing into an executable...

> So, what's wrong, and am I totally on the wrong track... (I studied the
> GHC User Guide, but could not find the answer to my problem).

normally, one employs `make' for building programs with more than one
module, because it keeps track of dependencies (ghc -M *hs) etc. There
is a users-guide section on Makefiles for GHC, IIRC.

HTH

Cheers,
Michael
--
 /~\ ASCII ribbon | "Never buy anything that mentions Windows on the package.
 \ / campaign     |  Except sheets of glass.  Or plastic.  And that smelly