memory distribution in ghci

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:00:16 +0100

> It looks, there remains a questions on memory distribution in=20
>                                            ghc-5.00 -interpreted :
>=20
> can  ghci  provide a command measuring the part of heap taken
> by interpreted programs,=20
> by interfaces?
> (or, at least, their sum)

Ah, I see now.  You'd like to know how much memory your program is
using, compared to GHCi itself?  Hmm.  Unfortunately I can't see a good
way to do this I'm afraid.  However, you can always compile the program
and use profiling...

> For, with -O and much in-lining, the interfaces may be very large.=20

You really don't want to use -O with GHCi (in fact, at the moment you
can't).=20