help needed for adding isWHNF primop to 5.00.2

Andy Gill andy@galconn.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:14:18 -0700

What I want is gdb for GHC :-) Perhaps another build (like profiling vs
optimizer), and when you press ^C, the ghcdb> prompt comes up :-)

I did at one point want to look at providing a Java style reflection
on polymorphic objects, towards having a non-evaluating print command
at the gdbdb prompt. If anyone is interested in helping me flesh this
out, then please email me.

I wonder if the Cost Center Stack idea can be combined some debugging
concepts, giving an approximation to a stack dump, and you can
print (using a non evaluating print) the stack?

Andy Gill