Problems building GHC 5.00 on Solaris 2.5.1

Alister Whitford awhitford@lucent.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:33:30 +0100 (BST)

I forgot to mention in my first mail that I also got nearly 4000 warnings of the form, "call-clobbered register used for global register variable".

They all occur in ghc/include/Reg.h, on the lines that declare the registers F1, F2, F3, F4, D1 and D2.  However, in ghc/include/MachReg.h, we see:

    #if sparc_TARGET_ARCH
    #define CALLER_SAVES_F1
    #define CALLER_SAVES_F2
    #define CALLER_SAVES_F3
    #define CALLER_SAVES_F4
    #define CALLER_SAVES_D1
    #define CALLER_SAVES_D2

So I am assuming that this warning may safely be ignored - is this correct?

Btw, apologies that my original message was in MIME format.  Sadly Outlook sends it like that even if you select plain text as your message format, so I have resorted to composing my messages in vi and using the unix mail command...