Student Programming Projects

Barbara Nostrand nostrand@acm.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:52:04 -0500

Hi.

Next Semester, I am supposed to teach a short course in Haskell.
Can anyone recommend interesting programming projects which can
be completed in about a month?

I posted this message a while ago and got a few suggestions that
sounded like they would maintain student interest. Alas, my disk
drive crashed soon thereafter. So if you have given me suggestions
before, please do so again. I was particularly intrigued by the
suggestions put forth by someone who complained that someone
else's suggested projects were too theoretical. We need to try to
capture the students' imaginations here and many of them prefer
concrete thought to abstract thought.

Again. Thank you very much.

					Barbara Nostrand
--
| Dr. Barbara Nostrand             | Department of Computer Science   |