[Linux-basic-compiling]GHC-3.02 build on GHC-2.10

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:05:42 -0000

> I apologize if this is not the correct moment-place to deal with this
> old version.
>=20
> I'm trying to compile the GHC-3.02 version using ghc-2.10 binaries,
> happy-1.6 binaries on a i386-unknown-linux.=20
> In the future I would like to hack with it.

[ I presume you have a good reason for needing GHC 3.02 - I'd be =
interested to know what it is! ]

It looks like that the ghc-2.10 binaries you are using don't work well =
with the version of Linux (in particular the version of the C library) =
that you're using.  Probably the only way to get going is to bootstrap =
from the .hc files for 3.02.