5.04 ?

Mon, 1 Oct 2001 00:36:37 -0700

Simon is going to look into the storage management bug.
I believe that it does not show up if you do not use the
(new) compacting garbage collector, correct?=20

We'll produce 5.02.1 when we know what the cause is;=20
meanwhile, can you just switch off compacting GC?
(Admittedly, that would be easier to do if you could
specify some run-time flags at link time, which is something
we've been thinking about.)

Simon

|=20
|=20
| Dear GHC,
|=20
| I have tested  ghc-5.02 =20
| on various examples of computer algebra, with -O too.
|=20
| All tests are all right,
|=20
| except it shows a bug in memory management (Simon Marlow=20
| wrote of), visible in subtly chosen cases.=20
|=20
| The impression is that 5.02 saves much memory and gains performance=20
| in situations involving garbage collections (most practicable case).
|=20
| But due to the above bug, would  5.04  appear soon as a stable=20
| release?
| For I need to mention some newest stable GHC release in DoCon=20
| program documentation.
|=20
| Regards,
|=20