No type lib generated by hdirect
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:06:50 +1000
This is probably because you need to build HDirect in two stages - once
without typelibrary support, and once with. Here is the process I used to
build HDirect 0.17 with ghc 4.08 under NT (much is probably irrelevant as I
think some of these problems have been sorted by Sigbjorne):
Building HDIrect 0.17
- Uninstall previous versions of HDirect including "lib/imports/com" and
associated libraries, which don't work very well with GHC 4.08.2.
- Get the source from the HDirect web site and untar it somewhere.
- You may need to edit "lib/WideStringSrc.c" if you use the latest Cygwin
distribution to remove a clashing definition and declaration of wcslen().
- Build per the instructions in the INSTALL file.
- This gives you a bare bones ihc.exe which cannot handle type libraries.
- Install the freshly built lib/*.hi files in a new ghc "lib/imports/com"
directory and also the libraries (libHScom.a, libhdirect.a) into ghc's "lib"
- Do "make clean", deleting "src/ihc.exe" by hand.
- Set SUPPORT_TYPELIBS=YES in "src/Makefile"
- "make boot", "make", then "make lib" as before.
- You now have version 0.17 of HDirect for Windows.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lehti, Patrick " <Patrick.Lehti@softwareag.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 7:47 PM
Subject: No type lib generated by hdirect
> I am trying to build a Haskell COM component with HDirect (from
> http://www.galconn.com/~sof/hdirect-0.18-src.tar.gz) and "ghc 5.02". I
> problems generating the type library: it is simply not created. Even the
> comserv example is not working because of the same problem. Could that be
> bug in that HDirect version?
> Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list