Readline version

Frank Seaton Taylor fstaylo@alpha.ncsc.mil
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:03:23 -0400

Good day folks.

I've been having a bit of trouble compiling ghc5.02 from source on
Solaris 2.6. The problem is that it can't find readline/readline.h which
is not in a standard place since I had to compile readline myself. I've
been messing around with various environment variables and configuration
options, but have failed so far to communicate where this file is. I'm
hoping someone can give me a suggestion. (I've reviewed the mailing list
log and FAQ and have seen that readline is a problem on Solaris, but
haven't seen anything that obviously is what I've been missing.)

I hacked mk/config.mk to say GhcLibsWithReadline=YES, since I have
libreadline.a and libtermcap.a in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That produced the
aforementioned missing readline/readline.h. I tried CFLAGS=<blah> so
that readline/readline.h should be visible but that didn't work either.

One more thing, is there a particular version of readline I should be
using? (I'm using 4.2)

Thanks,
---Frank Seaton Taylor

P.S. I'm a bit new at some of this stuff, so I may have misrepresented
the situation. I'd be glad to clarify anything.