Confused by profiling

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:19:14 +0100

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 06:42:52PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:

>      p_aexp_list         Parser           0    0.0   0.0      0.0   0.3
[...]
> Now basically my problem is how things under p_aexp_list can be entered
> 896 times if p_aexp_list is entered 0 times - am I reading it wrong?
[...]
> And the only place p_aexp_list is called from is

Aha, I think I might have worked this out. As far as I can tell
p_aexp_list is being evaluated once and being brought up the chain with
it's single evaluation being attributed to CAF, and subsequent calls do
not then need to evaluate it but do need to evaluate it's children.

Ian, off to see if I can extract useful information from it now