Dynamic loading with GHCi Linker

Keean k.schupke@ic.ac.uk
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:50:47 +0100

[Firstly, appologies if this is a duplicate, my first mail did not appear on
the list.]

Summary so far: I want to dynamic load haskell code into a host haskell
application (plug-in style)

I have, as suggested, put together an interface for Linker.h, and written
some little wrapper
functions. I have a few questions though... (is there any documentation?)

	What are the integer return values from loadObj/resolveObjs/unloadObj ?

	What is the void* pointer returned from lookupSymbol - and how do I apply
it if its
	a function. (my first guess was to import rts_apply)

	Finally, when I load the module there are unresolved symbols - will it link
against
	the main program? Is there any way to get it to do this? (I would like to
avoid
	dynamic loading dependancies if the code is already used by the main
program)

	Keean