ghc 5.02.2 FFI question

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:50:20 +0100

Hi Bernie,

> I've been playing with the FFI in GHC 5.02.2
>=20
> I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly because I get a space leak
> in my program.

I just tried your example and it seems to run in constant space here
with 5.02.2.  The code looks fine - this isn't something we really
envisaged people doing with the RTS API, but there's no real problem
with it except that of course you don't get the benefits of type
checking.  I'm sure you have very good reasons for building Haskell
expressions in C :-)

Can you give us any more clues?  What were the symptoms when you ran it?