-no-hs-main behaviour

Andre Pang ozone@algorithm.com.au
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:15:58 +1100

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:35:22AM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> Even if you do need to use --make or GHCi, then I think you can still
> specify all the source files on the command line.

While on the subject of GHC's build options, can we change the
behaviour of -no-hs-main when it's used with --make?

Currently, if you use --make and GHC finds a main function, it
will attempt to link all the modules together to produce an
executable -- even if you specify -no-hs-main.

Is it possible to modify the behaviour so that if --make
-no-hs-main is specified, GHC won't perform the link if it finds
a main function?

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone@algorithm.com.au>          - trust.in.love.to.save