i386-pc-os2-emx port

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:50:56 -0000

> I'm interested in doing a port of GHC to OS/2.
>=20
> Any particular documentation I should be reading before I=20
> even think about
> embarking on such a crazy endevour?

GHC's Building Guide is a good place to start:

  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/building/building-guide.html

Although note that bootstrapping on a new platform using the 5.xx series =
is a little difficult due to the way we preprocess some of the library =
sources using hsc2hs (although it has been done by at least one brave =
soul).  You might want to start from 4.08.2 using .hc files and =
bootstrap up to 5.02 from there.  4.08.2 is the oldest version we =
support building the current sources with.

We'll be here to provide guidance and moral support, as usual...