i368-pc-os2-emx port

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:24:54 -0000

>=20
> One thing I could try would be to see if I can get a version=20
> of GHC to run
> under ODIN  (ODIN is a Win32 API implementation under OS/2). =20
> Do you think
> this would be helpful?  Or would it lead me down the path of making an
> OS/2 complier that produced Windows Executables (that would be bad).

I don't know enough about ODIN to be able to usefully comment, apart =
from to say that extra layers of translation generally add extra layers =
of complication (we've had no end of trouble with cygwin/mingw on =
Win32), and in this case you'd be going through 2 layers (mingw + ODIN) =
which could well be more trouble than it's worth.

On the other hand, you'd need something like mingw for OS/2 - does such =
a beast exist?