GHC 5.02.2 installation/compilation problems

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:20:24 -0000

> > > Also, when I try to compile for ticky-ticky profiling...
> >
> > Just set GhcLibWays=3Dt, you don't have to set=20
> GhcCompilerWays too (this
> > is for building the compiler itself in a different way).
>=20
> Unless I want to ticky-ticky profile the compiler itself, yes?

Yup... if you want to do that, you'll need to do a 2-stage bootstrap and
build ticky-ticky libraries (GhcLibWays=3Dt) in the first stage, and =
build
the compiler with ticky-ticky in the second stage.  I would just do this
by adding -ticky-ticky to GhcHcOpts rather than fiddling with
GhcCompilerWays, since I'm less certain the latter works properly.