comparison of execution speed of array types

Zdenek Dvorak rakdver@hotmail.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:41:44 +0000

Hello,

>DiffArray seems to be broken :).  Either that or I'm using it
>incorrectly.  I've attached the relevant code, but when I don't reverse
>the array everything works fine; when I reverse it the program doesn't
>(seem to) halt.

I've tried to use DiffArray recently and it is terribly slow. I was forced
to write my own version (it is a bit faster, but still nothing great). My
suspicion about the result of your measuring is that it does the updates
in reversing the array one by one, thus leading to quadratic behavior.

Zdenek Dvorak