Foreign.destructArray

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

Doesn't look like it.  I looked around the full archive and the only
mention of destructArray is from Marcin's post from March 2001:

> If not, I'm going to add also destructArray and destructArray0 to
> MarshalArray, and lengthArray0 while I am at it (it was used internally
> so it makes sense to be provided separately), and document it.

Regardless, it would be nice if functions were first deprecated and then
removed.  I'm really wishing at this point that I hadn't upgraded to ghc
5.04; most of my programs no longer compile due to the library
restructuring and for every function I use that's not pure Haskell 98
(which is a fair amount, unfortunately), I've had to grep around the
imports directory to find out where it moved to.  I don't mean to point a
finger at anyone for this, but I was expecting either a smoother
transition or for the version number of GHC to change significantly.  A
minor version change should not break programs (imo).

Sorry for the tirade, but I'm pressured to get some code out soon and this
isn't helping things.

--
Hal Daume III

 "Computer science is no more about computers    | hdaume@isi.edu