Problems dealing with GHC incompatibilities 2

George Russell ger@tzi.de
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:44:47 +0200

Simon M wrote
[snip]
> If you don't want things to change, don't upgrade!
[snip]
A typical Microsoft response, if I may say so.  : -)

Admittedly we don't have the problem that the penalty for not upgrading
GHC is that you expose your computer to every Bugtraq-reader on the Internet.
All the same, you have to upgrade now and again, or cut yourself off from
all bug fixes, improvements, and so on.  Putting off unpleasant upgrades just
makes the bit rot ten times harder to deal with when you do deal with it.