The readline issue

Martin Norbäck d95mback@dtek.chalmers.se
12 Jun 2002 10:51:44 +0200

--=-iV8dakcQxhgqTgVRMRo0

Sorry for starting this GPL flame war. It was not my intention.

I'm not worried about the license on ghc itself, but more on the fact
that by using ghc to compile non-gpl programs you can violate the
readline license.

It seems steps are being taken to avoid this, by putting the Readline
module in a separate package and noting this in the users guide.

So I am a happy camper now.

--=20
Martin Norb=E4ck          d95mback@dtek.chalmers.se             =20
Kapplandsgatan 40       +46 (0)708 26 33 60                   =20
S-414 78  G=D6TEBORG      http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/
SWEDEN                  OpenPGP ID: 3FA8580B

--=-iV8dakcQxhgqTgVRMRo0

--=-iV8dakcQxhgqTgVRMRo0--