Updating the net package

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:24:38 +0100

> However, I'm still confused. If I look at
>=20

http://cvs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/fptools/libraries/network/Netw
ork/Socket.hsc

> then it although it has a different name it says it's the same thing
and I
> couldn't find anything called SocketPrim.hsc.

The network library moved from hslibs/net to libraries/network after
version 5.02.x.  libraries/network/Network/Socket.hsc is what used to be
hslibs/net/SocketPrim.hsc.  The contents of hslibs/net is now just stubs
that re-export the new libraries, so someone using the old interface
still gets the same stuff.

> I think from what you said in one of your previous emails that I need
> build the whole of ghc. Am I correct? If so I think I follow the
> instructions in the building guide unless there is some other
documentation
> you think I should look at?

The building guide is the right place to look.