specifing user RTS options to GHCi

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:11:41 -0800 (PST)

I would like to be able to use the -xc option in ghci, since this is where
I do most of my debugging anyway.  I can put

  :set -prof -auto-all
  :set -osuf prof.sun4.o -hisuf prof.sun4.hi

in my .ghci file, but I can't get ghci to run my code with -xc
enabled.  If I try to ":set +RTS -xc", ghci doesn't know this options; if
I pass then to ghci on the commandline (i.e., "% ghci +RTS -xc") it
(rightfully) tells me that ghci wasn't built for profiling.

Is there any way to do this and, if not, might it find its way in?

 - Hal

p.s., I think the -xc option is seriously undervalued -- I know that I
didn't know about it for about a year of using ghc even after asking if
such a thing could be done in various places (clf, mostly).  Perhaps it
should go in the option list for +RTS?

--
Hal Daume III

 "Computer science is no more about computers    | hdaume@isi.edu