Building Both "Regular" and "Profiling" Libraries

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

What I do is I have a few aliases:

  ghcm: ghc --make ... -osuf sun4.o -hisuf sun4.hi
  ghcp: ghc --make ... -osuf sun4.prof.o -hisuf sun4.prof.hi -prof
              -auto-all

These are set in my .cshrc file so the "sun4" is actually the $ARCH
variable of the machine I'm currently on (this enables me to have i686 and
sun4 binaries coexisting in a friendly manner).

Then, when I want a normal build, I do:

   ghcm Foo.hs -o Foo

and for a profiled:

   ghcp Foo.hs -o Foo_prof

It saves a lot of build time.

Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

--
Hal Daume III

 "Computer science is no more about computers    | hdaume@isi.edu
  than astronomy is about telescopes." -Dijkstra | www.isi.edu/~hdaume