ghc --make and static libraries (SOLUTION)

Martin Norbäck martin.norback@safelogic.se
10 Oct 2002 16:00:09 +0200

--=-Cys/8shAWZd43eAUsdUx

tor 2002-10-10 klockan 14.02 skrev Martin Norb=E4ck:
> How do I go about linking to a static library when using --make?
>=20
> If i do
>=20
> ghc --make Module libmodulelib.a
>=20
> then ghc syas:
>=20
> chasing modules from Module,libmodulelib.a and complains about not being
> able to find the _module_ modulelib.a. Likewise on windows, if I do
>=20
> ghc --make Module modulelib.dll
>=20
> it also complains about not finding the _module_ modulelib.dll.
>=20
> If I specify the object files that makes up modulelib then there are no
> complaints, likewise, if I link without --make, ghc uses the library
> just fine.
>=20
> Is this the intended behaviour, and if it is, how do I go about linking
> with libraries when using --make?

Thanks for those who replied. I found a solution:

use -optllibmodulelib.a and -optmodulelib.dll and they will be ignored
and just passed on to the linker as they should be.

Regards,

	Martin

--=-Cys/8shAWZd43eAUsdUx

--=-Cys/8shAWZd43eAUsdUx--