Packages (again)

Koen Claessen koen@cs.chalmers.se
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:32:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to create .a files for use with
packages? I have the following situation:

A directory 'PACK' with a number of ghc-generated object
(.o) files.

When I do the following:

$ ghc Test.o PACK/*.o -o Test

everything works fine. However, when I say:

$ cd PACK
$ ar -rvs libPack.a *.o
$ cd ..

And then do the following:

$ ghc Test.o -LPACK -lPack -o Test

GHC starts complaining about "warning: type and size of
dynamic symbol `<ModuleName>_<FunctionName>_closure' are not
defined". These are precisely the functions that the module
Test is using.

The above generates an executable, but results in a
segmentation fault.

Naturally, libPack.a cannot be used for a package either.
(Getting the same results.)

What am I doing wrong?

I am doing all this with ghc5.04 on SunOS4.

Thanks,
/Koen.

--
Koen Claessen