ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.2

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Dec 25 00:20:16 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:05:14PM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

>    ============================================================
>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.2
>    ============================================================

And, for Christmas, we at Debian bring you sackful of debs!

For x86, alpha, hppa, ia64 and powerpc there are packages for unstable
in the main Debian archive (these will move into testing early in the
new year). "apt-get update; apt-get install ghc6 ghc6-prof ghc6-doc" as
normal, with ghc6-hopengl, ghc6-threaded-rts and ghc6-libsrc providing
the extra bits for those who want them.

For x86 I've also compiled for stable and uploaded to Isaac's "Haskell
Experimental" repository. To use it add this line to
/etc/apt/sources.list:
  deb http://www.syntaxpolice.org/haskell-experimental/ stable/
and install as above.

Unfortunately things aren't quite back to normal after the recent Debian
break-in, so sparc and s390 builds haven't been done yet. Also, only
x86, sparc and ia64 are registerised builds. I'll try a powerpc
registerised build when I can log in to a suitable machine again.

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves!
Ian