Modifying GHC to accept external Styx code

Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:23:31 -0000

| I want to use GHC as a backend for my experimental compiler.
| I'm trying to modify it to accept styx code from my compiler, and I'm
| having some trouble working out where I need to make changes. In
truth,
| GHC is more haskell code than I've ever seen before in one place, and
I'm
| a bit lost: can anyone suggest which modules I should become familiar
with
| and which I should leave alone?

You don't say what 'styx code' is.  My advice:  either translate styx to
Haskell, or to External Core.  (Probably the latter.)  GHC can read both
of these in without modification. =20

External Core is a typed lambda calculus. =20

Simon