permissions on ghc Windows installer?

C.Reinke C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:18:44 +0000

To what extent does the windows ghc install actually depend on being
in a particular place or having registry entries?

Here, we'd occasionally like to use ghc on public machines which
don't have it installed, and on which we have no installation
permissions. Those machines do have access to network drives,
however, for which we do have write permissions (though we don't
have much control over the drive letter these appear under). Initial
experiments (renaming installation directory after install; running
ghc from a remote copy of the installation directory on a network
server) at least do not fail immediately, so that may be a route.

Sigbjorn also mentioned a while ago that there's a command-line way
to run windows installers, with additional options..

hth,
Claus