broken link

Peter Simons simons@cryp.to
16 Jan 2003 12:15:08 +0100

The page <http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/5.04.2/html/network/index.html>
links to the "CGI" library, but following that link produces the
following error:

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access
    /ghc/docs/5.04.2/html/network/Network.CGI.html on this server.

Looking at the download-able archive of the documentation, it appears
that the page is simply missing.

On a similar notion: The "parent" link in the generated documentation
almost never works. Say, you are on the documentation for
Control.Arrow and follow the "parent" link, then the link will point
to "PATH/Control.html" -- which does not exist; the correct name would
be "PATH/index.html". I _guess_ that this can be fixed by providing
appropriate flags to Haddock, but I am not sure.

        -peter